What are Growth Groups?
Summer is so much fun! From pools and parties to vacations and veggies, summer has so much variety. At our church, we also want to introduce some variety to our Wednesday night services!
Here’s the plan for our summer Growth Groups: For five Wednesday nights beginning on August 2nd, there will be five distinct classes that will each run for five weeks. (That sure is a lot of fives!) These classes will allow us to go deeper on various topics.
Allow me to share with you the five different Classes:
- Praying with Purpose | Keith Watts – This class will discuss prayer and answer questions like, “How do I pray?” and “Where do I start with a prayer list?” Praying with Purpose will be held in the sanctuary.
- Spiritual Disciplines | Jason Mussell – How do you grow in your walk with God? This class will cover vital spiritual disciplines and habits that will strengthen your relationship with Christ.
- Marriage | Jim Sizemore – This class is for couples and it is designed to strengthen marriages through Biblical principles. Whether you are newly married or have been together for a long time, there is something you can gain from this class!
- Discipleship | Beau Carpenter – Did you know the words “Disciple” and “Disciples” are used over 270 times in the Bible? This class will investigate discipleship and provide help for those wanting to engage in personal discipleship.
- Parenting | Ken Chupp – Being a parent is by no means an easy job! Whether you have younger children or teenagers, this class will help you know how to be a parent that honors God.
In addition to these, there will be a Growth Group for children and teenagers called “Proverbs with Preacher.” This five week class will cover the major themes of the book of Proverbs. It will be taught by Pastor Tony Howeth.
Again, here’s the critical details you need to know:
- Growth Groups Start Wednesday August 2nd
- Each Group will Meet for five weeks through the month of August
- You can sign up for a group at the heart of Newton
- A class for children and teens will be available.
Let’s get growing together this Summer!